Monday, June 22, 2020

(no subject)

Family and friends,

And especially Dad, because of the wondrous holiday yesterday. Thank you for all you do, and particularly for setting a worthy example for me to follow. You are a good symbol of my Father in Heaven, and I don't want you ever to change in that. I love you a whole heaping lot.

This week we got to do service, finally! We helped a YSA girl move in, and in that way I realized just how weak I've grown from not having used my muscles for so long, being in quarantine. I'll just get exercise by picking up chicks when I get back in December, I guess. (Mom, don't look at me with that tone of voice! I love you, too!) Then, for another family, we began tearing out a wall for them to expand their kitchen into the garage. It was really fun!

[Note from Mom:  When Ben was in high school, he took ballroom-dance classes.  He sometimes practiced fancy lifts with other dancers.  That is what he calls "picking up chicks", and that's why he could use that activity to build muscles.  😁]

There were also two fires at our apartment complex this week, one on Monday and another on Wednesday (though neither was in our own building, which was good). Both times, we just randomly found the parking areas suddenly full of fire trucks, which was weird.

Then, yesterday, in the middle of weekly planning, we had a surprise call from President Ence, telling us that Elder Carter would be transferred on Tuesday. That came as a huge surprise to both of us, because they hadn't said anything by that point so we had assumed that he was staying. He's sad to be leaving, and I'm sad he's going; it was a great transfer, and I learned a lot. However, he's excited for his new area in Omaha, and I'm excited to receive Elder Harwood as my companion, who was one of the transfer missionaries that came in with me, and served in Peru! He has about the same amount of time in the mission field as I do, if I remember correctly. He is currently in the Lincoln Spanish branch in this very zone, as a District Leader, so he's moving up in the world! Though unexpected, I feel strongly that this transfer was done by inspiration, and that there are blessings in store for me and for this area. And, on that Father's Day, I thanked my Father for all He has done and continues to do for me. I cannot ever let go of my gratitude to Him for having surrounded me with the Spirit and with worthy saints, both in the Church and out of it. Happy Fathers' Day, Fathers. I appreciate everything you both do.


Love,
Elder Hill


Fotos: los bomberos, el proyecto de servicio, y una prueba nuestra de cual es mejor (entre Cane's y Chick-fil-a, y Chick-fil-a ganó).





No comments:

Post a Comment