Monday, June 29, 2020

Desmayándome por Gozo (Overwhelmed with Joy)

Family and friends,

This week was quite long and quite busy. Elder Carter and I had not been expecting to separate so soon, but now here we are. There were many loose ends I had to catch and tie up these past few days, so it's been a struggle, and I've been very stressed. But hey, I'm still enjoying life! We are seeing blessings all over, and I am loving it!

I am also very blessed to have Elder Harwood as my companion, as he has a very strong testimony of what we do, and from the moment he arrived I've felt that he has revelation for the people we teach because of his charity. He is a good man, and we get along wonderfully.

There was something really interesting that happened, though: we taught two lessons at once! We had agreed to meet with a convert who needs a lot of help and support, but also has mental issues (perhaps schizophrenia), so his thoughts are always very discontinuous. When we were to meet with him, we were still in a lesson over text with another lady who was exploring Christianity for the first time; that lesson ran very long because of the delay in response (but she didn't want to do a video call, so it's alright). In short, considering all the circumstances (both of them had quite urgent needs to respond to immediately), we decided to continue with both at the same time, relying on the Spirit and on each other to juggle both adequately: I would be writing a text message discreetly with one ear in the conversation while Elder Harwood talked with the man, then I would give the phone to him and take over the discussion while he read through the message to approve and send it (according to the technology rules). And it worked! That is the most amazing thing to me: we managed to bless the lives of both of them at the same time, even though both came from nearly opposite religious situations! Miraculous. Even though it seemed to me like it could have been rude to the man we were teaching by video call, it seems God took care of it all, and He fixed everything up for us. Nobody was offended, and everyone was blessed. That was an interesting experience that I'll probably never experience again!

Then, on Saturday, I received a package from my fam - the first time in my mission, too, because I would never have received it in Argentina! It was an exciting time. So exciting that my physical frame was overcome, and I fell to the earth, overwhelmed with joy. See photo.


I love you all!
Elder Hill


Fotos: cuando me desmayé por gozo; cuando Élder Carter y yo nos separamos; conociendo a una Hermana Hill; y ahora mismo con Élder Harwood.







No comments:

Post a Comment