Monday, June 8, 2020

Engage Warp Drive

Family and friends,

This week was, surprisingly, the fastest week of my entire life. Yesterday, we took a walk for a bit to get out of the apartment, and I suddenly felt like I was living two days at once, both yesterday and last Sunday at the same time. That's how fast it went by. The whole of eight days felt condensed into a single day. And now here we are again, about five minutes since last weekend's email. At that rate, there only remain 2 hours, 11 minutes, and 26 seconds left until I'm home. That sounds about right. Goodness, that means that my flight arrangements to return home will be, quite literally, last-minute!

I also want to say I'm SO happy I got to meet my new niece, Norah Bushman, by video call! She is incredibly precious and I already love her, even from so far away!

We had a baptism this weekend! His name is Jimmy Gonzales, and he comes from a rough background but is still somehow the sweetest and most innocent man I've met. He makes me smile every time we meet together. He's always telling us how much he loves his mom and how wonderful she is, and how he always wants to make her happy. His baptism was attended by ten people, perfectly our limit, and two of them were Jimmy's aunt and uncle, and two of them were his friends from a recovery group and leaders of a prison church. It was such an amazing experience seeing Jimmy give his pure, simple testimony about his desire to change his life around, which desire had brought him to that point. I also felt almost tangibly the love they all had for him, and it made me so happy.

To finish, I give you all my witness that what I am preaching to the people here is correct. With each passing day, I feel it more strongly, and it is coming to be like a blazing hearth, whereas before it was only a candle. Words fail to express my gratitude. God is so good to me.


Love,
Elder Hill


Fotos:
  • Una snek que encontramos mientras caminamos un día
  • Foto de mi sobrinita tan bonitísima (y aterrorizada? 😂)
  • El bautismo de Jimmy - él está allí con Hno. Rawlings, su bautizador






  • No comments:

    Post a Comment