Monday, November 25, 2019

An imaginary love triangle that is actually a point trying to be a line

Friends and family,

I'll explain the subject line really quickly. This past weekend, two investigators accepted baptismal dates, and we are so excited for both! We are almost perfectly certain that they will be baptized. One of them is Gabriela, the daughter of Enrique (who was baptized three weeks before), and she is 18 years old. She keeps telling me so very directly that she wants to marry me. Like, to the point of talking about our Hillitos ("little Hills"), which is really weird but I honestly don't mind it that much because I want her baptized for her own sake, not so I can have a free latina wife. Furthermore, her sister accused Elder Ericksen of liking Gabriela, too, so they started this joke about a love triangle situation. I described it more accurately to Elder Ericksen afterwards as an imaginary love triangle that is actually a point trying to be a line. So funny. But yes, I testify that snakes are a very real danger here in Argentina. And goodness, these snakes come out of nowhere and strike all over. It's a challenge. But I will endure it with faith and LOL (Lots Of Love).

Today we went with our zone to Valle Grande again, which was great because they're much more tranquil people so I enjoyed the scenery a lot more with fewer distractions. I was also burnt chili red despite the clouds, which really hurts. My nose stings every time I even brush it. But it was completely worth it.

I just want to remind you all that I am ridiculously happy to be here. I have been having such bright, happy days, full of sunlight (but mostly spiritually, because it's been raining almost the whole week - that has only helped my mood). I know that my Redeemer lives. I love Him so, and I know He loves me as a chosen child. He loves infinitely. I so testify in His name, in the name of Jesus the Christ. Amen.


With much love,
Elder Hill


Por falta de tiempo, voy a mandar las fotos en otro momento. Pobrecitos ustedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment