Monday, November 4, 2019

Laberintos and my new comp

Friends and family,

I am rushed again this time, as has become all too common. But I wanted to say that you will probably all hate my new companion, Elder Ericksen. Because he's me. He's basically a music-composition-major version of me. He's smart, philosophical, and - the reason you all would hate him as my companion - punny. We make puns. All. Day. It's great. Especially because even when I make a legitimate pun in Spanish, the argentinos don't understand that type of humor, so they NEVER laugh. Now at least someone laughs. It's so great. We got to be good friends very quickly. He also wants to work hard, as I do, so we have legitimately begun to talk with people in the streets and visit more efficiently than we did with Elder Becerra. Elder Becerra is wonderful, and I have started to develop real charity for the people here because of him, but he doesn't rush, because he always wants to stay and care for the people. That's not bad, but we are simply working harder now. It feels great. I got to the point yesterday where I needed to take a nap for five minutes in the afternoon, because we had been working so very hard the whole week and my body was shutting down. But yeah, I am really, really happy. We are prospering. And I'm actually not just flopping as a district leader! That makes me very happy, too.

Today we went to the Laberintos here in San Rafael, which was also really fun. Elder Ericksen and I raced against the zone leaders of San Rafael, each going in the opposite way (because the entrance and exit are in the same place), and we WON! That was great.

Anyway, I'll try to find more time next week to give more details about the work here, but know that I am growing every day in my faith, and to date I have never been surer of my election and appointment as a servant of the Lord.

Love,
Elder Hill

(The video below the pictures is of Elder Hill singing "Evermore" from "Beauty and the Beast" (but with Spanish lyrics) at a ward party a few weeks ago.)








No comments:

Post a Comment