Monday, August 24, 2020

Fishing, Transfers, and my Organs Falling Out

Family and friends,

So, this week was a bit of an interesting ride, as we had interviews with President as well as Zone Council. While we were in Kearney for those things, President Ence loaned me a new phone to use because apparently mine is no longer supported by certain Church apps. We also had exchanges with all the other Elders in the district, and there is only one other area I am concerned for, which is a good start amid the five areas in the district.

Then we were told on about Friday night that Elder King will actually be transferred, despite our only having had three weeks with him. But hey, that means I get the SIM card for this companionship! I have been sorely missing that, to be honest. This will be an interesting few weeks, as now I am the leader of a district of six areas, which is two more areas (and five more missionaries) than the entire zone in Mendoza where I became a Zone Leader. This zone is growing enormous due to the insanely huge surplus of missionaries being reassigned here. I am realizing that I have a truly important purpose here. Even President Ence said directly that I was sent here to "love the district into obedience." I feel my efforts are worth particularly much, right now, especially in the lives of the missionaries I lead.

Another interesting part of this week is that my abdominal pains from June came back in about equal strength as before, and this time I got to the doctor while I still felt discomfort. They took urine and blood samples, and they will probably be getting back to me soon. They said there was no obvious sign of an umbilical hernia, but that it could be small, or could simply be intestinal inflammation. One way or another, I'll try to take it easy until I get to feeling better.

In the end, I just want to reiterate that I am loving my life, and I have no regrets at all in anything. I am grateful for my chance to be here in a place where I am truly needed, and where I was sent by revelation and because President trusts me enough to help this district to learn the true doctrines of the Gospel of Christ. I think of Isaiah when he said, "They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine." In short, God needs me, and I am so happy to be where He needs me to be! God is good.

Love,
Elder Hill

Fotos: pescando esta mañana (el pez grande de Elder Crowley había tragado otro pez) y algunos servicios que hicimos esta semana.












No comments:

Post a Comment