Monday, January 13, 2020

Unforgettable

Family and friends,

This week has been pretty good. On my first day as zone leader we contacted 65 people in the street, which is more than my best day with Elder Ericksen. We also ended the week with 220 contacts in total, which broke my record for a week. I'm feeling pretty good. The members here are all as facetious in their joking as I am, so I'm in heaven. I also went to the meeting for all the zone leaders that we had in Godoy Cruz this Friday, and it was a spiritual explosion. It was awesome. Also, I thought I would mention that my zone is the smallest in the mission, and only has four areas which constitute only one district, which is really weird, but it works. So I went from being the district leader of the smallest district in the mission to being the zone leader of the smallest zone in the mission! That's awesome!

I have been feeling strongly recently that preparation for this coming General Conference is very important, and last night I even shared an FHE lesson about it, checking up on the preparation of a family in our ward. We went over the talk of President Nelson again, and I want to remind you all of a couple things he invites us to do. He said we should reread the account of the First Vision in the Pearl of Great Price and seek the spirit of the Restoration. He also said we should read the Book of Mormon along with the "Come, Follow Me" book, to appreciate the first fruits of the Restoration and the precious doctrines of that book; and to ponder both what the Book of Mormon has done for us and what our lives would be like if our knowledge from its contents were suddenly taken away. That last part particularly led to a good discussion in the FHE last night. I also want to mention something I found with respect to following the Prophet immediately, without delay. In the book of Helaman, Samuel the Lamanite prophesied to the Nephites in Zarahemla that if they did not repent their descendants would be completely destroyed in four hundred years. They eventually repented when Christ came, and they worshipped Him in all humility; but then their descendants were destroyed anyway, four hundred years later, as prophesied. Why? They repented! What did I miss? They did not repent immediately, as they were told to. Thus, the curse predicted remained upon them. That is brutal, but it teaches an effective lesson: we must obey the Prophet immediately. I leave this simple invitation with all you who read my letters: read the Book of Mormon and ponder in your hearts the message it contains; follow the counsels of the Prophet to prepare yourselves for this Conference, and you will have an unparalleled and unforgettable experience. I promise it in the name of Jesus Christ.

With so much love,
Elder Hill

Fotos:
  • En la Plaza Independencia
  • Elder Johnson está muerto
  • Elder Johnson se va a la casa
  • Mi vieja zona





No comments:

Post a Comment