Monday, January 27, 2020

To Whom Shall We Go?

Friends and family,

This was a good week. We broke my record again in street contacts made, talking with 244 people! In this area, we have not contacted fewer than 200 in any week. That feels good. We also have taught three people for a couple of weeks - Elba (la madre) and Marco and Mariana (sus hijos); all are adults - and they are very interested! And yesterday they came to Church and loved it! And they have a baptismal date set for the 15th of February! And that will be Elder Luque's last weekend in the mission! You can't get a much better weekend than that for your last: a triple baptism. Qué suerte. No, ¡qué bendición! I can see so clearly that they were prepared by the Lord to receive us. They are certainly diamonds in this rough area.

I have felt very strongly this week the importance of the Book of Mormon, as the keystone of our religion and especially in my own conversion. I have felt so close to that book of late, and I have begun to love it as a living friend, along with the Bible. The story in the end of John 6 describes quite well how I feel. In verses 67-68, Jesus had just finished giving a sermon on the plan of Salvation and His personal role in it as our Savior, and many people were offended, and walked no more with Him. I apply what He says next to myself: "Then said Jesus unto [Elder Hill], Will ye also go away? Then [Elder Hill] answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." Of all the things I can testify regarding the Book of Mormon, I can say this with the most surety: it contains the words of eternal life. I know that the invitation from President Nelson this past General Conference to read the Book of Mormon is from God, and that we must comply with the words of the ordained mouthpiece of God. By His voice, or by the voice of His servants, it is the same. I know that if we prepare ourselves for this coming Conference as He invited us to, it will indeed be utterly unforgettable. I can say that with the gift of prophecy, as I already have to the members here in Dorrego: I can see it as if it were already past: this Conference will have an outpouring of the Spirit heretofore unseen. But we need to prepare ourselves to be able to receive it. God is moving His work forward, and we need to keep up.

With heaping loads of love, piled up to overflowing,
Elder Hill

Fotos:
  • Esta tarde con Flia. Afaro de San Luis, amigos de Élder Luque de su tiempo en Merlo
  • El asado riquísimo que yo hice [Élder Hill mintió; Hno. Afaro lo hizo]
  • Jugando con una cámara de un celular de la Flia. Afaro
  • El mejor de todos
  • El bigote que nunce tuve (con Andrea y su bigote)
  • Mamá, me afeité, te lo prometo
  • La Flia. Lucero de Cementista que visitamos ayer; también almorzamos con Flia. Espejo; todo fue porque Élder Luque se va en tres semanas y también tenemos la área de Cementista en común





 


No comments:

Post a Comment