Monday, September 2, 2019

(No subject line)

Family and friends,

Just so you all know, family, with a recent change in the rules, I can no longer call siblings, only parents. Just so you don't think I'm ignoring you; I just can't call y'all.

Also, Lorena, the one convert that I have gotten here (I'll avoid the complexity of her not being "my" convert), says that when have short hair I look like the actor James McAvoy. She also calls me Megamind, sometimes, which is really funny.

Regarding Juana, the woman we found a couple of weeks ago who was going to be baptized easily in one week, she has stopped showing interest. She obviously keeps saying that she wants to be baptized, but she only needs to attend church one time to be baptized and she hasn't even done that. We have decided that if she doesn't attend this coming Sunday, we will have to drop her again, like the other elders did a year ago. Honestly, I am really sad about that. I had such hope for her; she could have received so many blessings. But instead she just decides to keep sleeping when we go to bring her to church. Qué lástima. But that's life.

Last P-day, we walked 6km from the pensión to Cerro de la Gloria with the elders of San Miguel, and that was a fun trip. This morning, we visited an acuario and a museo, and that was pretty fun. (See fotos attached.)

I don't have a whole lot to say about this week (apart from the fact that the devotional we had broadcast from Buenos Aires with Pte. Nelson was amazing!), so I'll end there, but I have loads of fotos, so enjoy!


With heaps of love,
Élder Hill


Fotos (no tengo tiempo para describir todos):

The fotos include ones from the acuario, Cerro de la Gloria, the Conferencia de Zona this week, and my spontaneous visit to Machu Picchu inside a Peruvian restaurant.












No comments:

Post a Comment