Monday, August 5, 2019

(no subject)

Friends and family,

My time for writing emails has been cut down again to only one hour, so I'm not sure how much detail I can give in the future. I'll try to keep giving a lot, but we'll see.

So, I have been blessed this week, much more than I deserve. Elder Cardozo and I have been getting along better this week, and honestly it's because of me. I just remembered this week (finally) my catchphrase from before the mission, which has really helped me: "I'm not paid enough to have bad days." And, especially now that I'm not paid at all, that's especially true. Elder Cardozo has still been doing many of the same things (though he has improved a lot, too), but now I just don't care as much. I'm finally getting to rebuilding my moderate immunity to offense that I had before; I hope to grow that very much more, the "turn the other cheek" attitude, as Christ taught.

One thing that hit me this week again is something that taught in John 15:20 and Hebrews 12:5-11 - he whom God loves, He punishes. If God doesn't punish me, it means He doesn't love me. In other words, he must love me a whole heaping ton. I highly recommend you all study those scriptures, because they have blessed my life.

A song that has been in my head all this week is "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath, and that has helped me understand better how important the other people are that surround me every day.

I step out on the busy street,
See a girl and our eyes meet.
She does her best to smile at me
To hide what's underneath.
There's a man just to her right,
Black suit and a bright red tie,
Too ashamed to tell his wife
He's out of work, he's buying time.

All those people going somewhere;
Why have I never cared?
...
I've been here a million times,
A couple million lives.
Just moving past me by;
I swear I never thought that I was wrong.
I want a second glance,
So give me a second chance
To see the way You've seen
The people all along.

That has hit me hard, and has made me want more than ever before to talk with all the people I see, to help all of them as best I can. I'm so grateful for my chance to be here in Argentina to bring others to the endless Light I have found in the Church of Jesus Christ. I am so very happy to have a second chance every day. And this week will be even better. I hope to be able to keep writing a lot, but we'll see. In the end, the only thing of worth I can leave is my testimony that this is the truth. I know it, and I want to proclaim it from the housetops of Mendoza with the voice of the angels. But until I earn that voice, I am content with what He has already given me. I am feeling good.

Love,
Élder Hill

Fotos
  • Élder Benitez, un Asistente del Presidente, en su último traslado
  • La luna, los Andes, y barrio 8 de Abril
  • Actividad del barrio
  • Un kiwi que compré por solo $20 (más o menos $0.40 en EE.UU)
  • Un caballo en el medio de la ciudad
 






No comments:

Post a Comment