Monday, November 23, 2020

A Prophet Hath Been Among Them

 Family and friends,


As of today, I am beginning week 100 of my missionary service, and I have 16 days left. It's going quickly.

This week was quite slow and difficult, as the large majority of our planned lessons fell through, one of them even being rescheduled multiple times before the person went silent again - and that was one of the most promising people. The other man who has been set to be baptized this Saturday, was working hard this past week, and was only able to meet with us once, and he went completely silent before and after that. We will have to move his baptismal date, because he still has not been taught all the required material. And we can't re-plan the baptism because he suddenly works so much that he doesn't even respond to our messages. We'll see how this turns out.

But the definite highlight of my week was the message from the prophet, President Nelson. I cried as I saw it, and one thought filled my mind as I listened: "Now, this is a prophet." A scripture also came to mind from my recent reading in Ezekiel:  "And when this cometh to pass,... then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them" (33:33). I was filled with the overwhelming testimony, by the spirit of prophecy, that all people who do what he recommended - giving thanks and praying daily - would see the blessings he promised. If all people in the world would do it, all people in the world would know surely "that a prophet hath been among them." Please, do what he said. You will not regret it.

This ties well into my next thought. Much of my spiritual progress recently has been simply an extremely long succession of realizations that "God really wasn't joking when He said..." One of those things is that God certainly was not joking or exaggerating when He said that the prophets speak His words, as though they were Him speaking, and with no less authority than He has to say it. I know God has given His power and wisdom to His children in these days, just as He did in times past. I know that the words of President Nelson will all be fulfilled, as certainly as will all the words of Moses, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Nephi, Alma, and Joseph Smith, and all other prophets, especially Christ Himself. I am grateful for the certainty that brings to my life as I grow to understand it better.

Today, for P-day, I read the second half of the book of Daniel and its commentary in the Institute book; then I wrote in my journal to catch up on the fourteen days I had not yet recorded. After three hours, I have written nearly nine pages, and I am finally up-to-date. I'm glad to get that burden off my mind; now I just need to KEEP it updated for the two weeks I have left.

God is good.

Love,
Elder Hill the Elder

Fotos: yo y mi compañero comiendo un meme, la conferencia de zona de esta semana (no sé qué estaba mirando yo), ¡y la NIEVE hoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment