Monday, May 25, 2020

The Ship Where Lies The Master

Friends and family,

This week felt somewhat long, but suddenly we're here on Monday again, and I don't know how it came so quickly.

I think probably the most notable happening this week for me was yesterday, when I received a hilarious text from a YSA guy. He asked a question to which I responded, "I don't know". Then he immediately accused me of separating myself from my companion verbally by using a singular pronoun where I generally use a plural. I have attached a picture of the conversation; Elder Carter and I thought it was hilarious. I need to get to know this guy better. I like his style.

Other than that, I just want to share a quick thought. Yesterday we helped console a woman who has lived through rough experiences, and I was able to bear powerful testimony about the safety we experience by being in this Church. We have heard the Church called Good Ship Zion before, and in that conversation it finally clicked that that relates perfectly to the hymn "Master, the Tempest is Raging". The chorus of that song brings tears to my eyes every time. "Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea, or demons, or men, or whatever it be, no waters can swallow the ship where lies the Master of ocean and earth and skies." Even if the water gets choppy, we have to remember that we are beside the Son of God, and He cannot fail, "for he saith—I am Messiah, the King of Zion, the Rock of Heaven, which is broad as eternity; whoso cometh in at the gate and climbeth up by me shall never fall" (Moses 7:53). I testify that in the near future, as the scriptures show clearly, the world will truly become that raging sea, full of wars and rumors of wars. But I testify with even greater surety that in such general turmoil, the one safe place will be in the Good Ship, for "no waters can swallow [His] ship". Even if it seems He is sleeping, or that He is delaying until the end of the world (D&C 45:26), we can trust in Him. Eventually, He will come, and He will make all things still. I am eternally grateful for that knowledge.

Love,
Elder Hill

Fotos:
Pasando tiempo en una arboleda esta maƱana








This is an image sent by President Ence of a mission leadership meeting, with the zone leaders and sister training leaders.  Elders Hill and Carter are in the middle picture on the left side.  President Ence wrote, "This isn't the way we prefer to do these meetings, but it works for now."


No comments:

Post a Comment