Tuesday, January 1, 2019

First Email from Elder Hill (Mexico MTC)

Subject line:  Greetings from Not-America!

Padres, I am at the CCMM right now, and I remain alive and well, and, best of all, very happy! I feel at home. (Says the person who hasn't done anything here yet except get a tetanus shot - apparently they require missionaries to have it every fifth year, not tenth.) I am not nearly as nervous as I feared I would be; I am about the Lord's errand, and I feel confident.

My trip was crowded, as I was traveling with around two dozen other missionaries! That is obviously far more than I had expected. My favorite interaction of the trip was in the airport when some random guy in a line started talking with us. When he heard where I'm going, he turned to me and said, "Too bad you're not a heathen." I spluttered a bit in confusion, and asked what he meant by that. He responded, "It has great wine and beautiful women!" Wow. I did not see that coming. XD

Thank you for getting me to this point, and for teaching me well enough that I feel comfortable here. I love you all. God speed the right.

Love,
Elder Hill

P.S.  Oh, and I forgot to say: my P-days here are on Friday.

Pics from the CCM Facebook Page:





No comments:

Post a Comment